2024 Hosting & Maintenance Terms & Conditions
We ask you to acknowledge these changes by filling out the form below. All invoices will be updated and released in quarter 4.
As part of our continuous efforts to stay ahead in the ever-evolving digital landscape, we have undergone a significant technological shift. This involved transitioning our hosting services to enhance our security measures, ensuring your website remains current, secure, and robust against any potential security threats.
While this does fall outside our existing hosting and maintenance agreement, these changes were critical to provide a more secure and reliable structure for your website. They underline our commitment to your business’s ongoing security and success. The upgrade process was completed as swift and smooth as possible.
This letter is to confirm your site has been moved and notify you of some small changes in the previous agreement.
For Our Hosting & Maintenance Clients:
- MAYO Designs shall continue to provide your company with updates to their website, along with WordPress support. Our team will work alongside your dedicated team to keep the website functioning at its highest peak and up-to-date while keeping their content relevant and improving user communications/navigation.
- During the duration of the Agreement, MAYO Designs Inc. shall be the sole provider of maintenance services on the CMS system. If any party other than MAYO Designs Inc. makes changes to the website, any errors that are created must be repaired.
- Requests above and beyond our monthly budget may be considered out-of-scope and an amendment to the budget will be recommended. If projects fall outside of monthly updates and maintenance terms, we will discuss and bill separately from our monthly retainer.
- MAYO Designs Inc. will supply customer with all necessary purchase order numbers and other internal information required for invoice processing before the close of the month of work (if applicable).
- Customer will own the visual elements that we create for this project. We’ll give you source files and finished files. Customer will own all elements of text, images, and data provided, unless under someone’s jurisdiction.
We agree to use our best efforts to fulfill and exceed your expectations on the deliverables listed below. You agree to aid us in doing so by making available to us needed information pertaining to your website and to cooperate with us in expediting the work.
Here’s what is included:
- Site Monitoring:
- Enabling security subscriptions
- Monitoring suspicious activity and locking out potential hackers
- Monitoring for uptime
- WordPress Monitoring File Change Detection with online file comparisons
- WordPress Site Maintenance:
- *Daily updates for plugins, themes, and WordPress, with auto rollback functionality
- *Staging and dev. environments for updates
- *Visual website snapshots before and after daily updates
- *Automatic reverting if update effects website front end visual
- *Enhanced WordPress performance and improved speeds
- *Manual WordPress reporting can be run upon specific request
*New or enhanced service offering.
This agreement is effective immediately and will remain in effect until terminated by either party upon 30 days’ written notice. Client’s submission and acceptance of this letter shall be deemed an agreement that all terms and conditions contained herein, and attached hereto, are acceptable. If you have any questions about this agreement, please do not hesitate to contact us.
Acknowledgment of New Service
Website Life Expectancy Reminder
At MAYO, we follow best practices of web development, therefore your new website will be built with WordPress using modern, secure, up-to-date web technologies, with full source control of the code. With today’s fast pace of technology innovation, websites are aging at a more rapid pace than in any time past and will generally have a 3-5 year life expectancy before advancing web technologies render the site outdated and in need of a re-development or major overhaul. Our Managed WordPress hosting and maintenance service, we will provide security updates and keep your site running smoothly for the duration of it’s expected life cycle. Once the site starts to age to the point where security or features become degraded, it will be time to re-develop or overhaul the site. Our team will keep you apprised of the timeline but we ask you to keep the 3-5 years in mind.
Obligation of Confidentiality
In consultation services under this Agreement, MAYO Designs may be exposed to and will be required to use certain “Confidential Information.” MAYO Designs agrees that employees, agents, or representatives will not use, directly or indirectly, such Confidential Information for the benefit of any person, entity or organization other than the Client project, or disclose such Confidential Information without the written authorization of the Client, either during or after the term of this Agreement, for as long as such information retains the characteristics of Confidential Information.
Should, at any time, the Company or MAYO Designs be interested in canceling this Agreement, the disinterested party shall give the other a 30-day written notice. If either party is interested in canceling the Agreement, the Company will continue to pay monthly invoices to MAYO Designs during those 30 days and the Agency will continue to provide services to the Company during those 30 days.
In the event that any action is filed, the unsuccessful party in the action shall pay all attorney’s fees incurred by the successful party.
This agreement shall be governed by the laws of the State of Maine.
No modification, termination or attempted waiver of this Agreement, or any provision thereof, shall be valid unless in writing signed by the party against whom the same is sought to be enforced.
Additional consulting, production or other marketing and design services that fall outside the scope of this contract will be charged at a rate to be determined per hour on an “as-needed” basis. For example, the other services that MAYO Designs provides but are not listed in the above agreement. These services include: business consulting, logo design, collateral design (print ads, brochures, shirts, large format graphics, direct mail, signage, etc.), trade show management, customer service training, secret shopper services, seminar creation, writing and distribution of press releases, online directory placement, videos, commercials, billboard advertising, website design and optimization, etc.
Effective starting: October, 2023
Page Last edited: September, 2023